In your car.
Today I got stranded by my car at Penn Station. The battery in my car is the original that came with the car when I bought it brand new in October of 2003. It had not given one sign of any trouble until today. No slow starts, no delayed starts, etc. I goto Penn Station, order, and then leave. Well attempt to leave.
I put the key in and turn it, all I hear is the clicking of the actuators. I couldn't unlock my door with the door lock. Nothing worked. It was all over. I called a buddy and he came and got me and we tried to jump it with his auto jump but it didn't have enough juice to start it, or my battery was discharging the amps as fast as they were going in. We went and got a new battery and now all is fine.
So I came home and did some research and most places I saw recommend you changing the battery about every 24-30 months.
So even though your car battery has never had a sign of trouble, if it's outside of that timeframe, change it before you get stranded. Today just so happened it was pissing down rain. :)
1 comment:
that sucks dude!
did you see ullrich's blood is being tested? we will find out!
Post a Comment