Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Been a while....

It's been so long in between updates, hell I forgot I even had this site until I scrolled down on Craig's site and saw a link to me...hehe.

What have I been up too? Hmm. Not really much of anything. I got a new computer in early January along with a copy of Windows Vista that I got at a reduced price for beta testing the OS for them. I don't have much good to say about Windows Vista, so I won't say anything now. I'll save that for when I'm in a mood. If you search for news articles on Vista you'll find a whole slew of articles bashing the shit out of the OS.

My new computer is pretty cool. It's a Dell XPS 400 with a ATi x1950 512mb pro video card and a Soundblaster X-FI XTreme Audio sound card. Monitor is a 22" widescreen running at 1650x1080 resolution.

The sound is just amazing that this card produces. I've had quite a few soundcards over the years, this one is the clearest I've ever had. I've had the same amplifier and speaker's for quite some time now.

I started playing World of Warcraft this winter - I have a hunter up to lvl 50 on the Medivh server. The game makes you forget it's 20 degree's with 2 feet of snow outside....:)

Yesterday on Velonews.com I saw where Jan Ullrich retired. That is truly sad. At only 33 he still had a few good years in him I thought. The way he was beat down and drug through the press with basically no evidence is amazing. While Italian star Ivan Basso has signed with Discovery and is ramping up for the 2007 Giro. Germany will do to Ullrich what Italy did to Pantani. Personally I hope not. I would rather see Basso retired and Ullrich's name cleared. They didn't have any evidence on Basso either, so why is he cleared and Ullrich not? I don't get it, and obviously the UCI and ASO do not either. Pretty soon we'll have a Italian tour for only Italian's, a French tour for the French, and a Spanish tour for the Spanish. That way they can win and not have to pull the crap they've pulled.

For me cycling isn't the same as it was with Armstrong, Cipollini, and now Ullrich. I missed seeing Pantani in the Giro's. For those that forgot Pantani never tested postive for anything either. Him being ejected from the 1999 Giro was a precaution as stated in the rules for having too high of a hemocrit level. They were never able to prove he used EPO, or anything else. I keep hoping to see the article on Velonews, "Armstrong ends retirement, focus's on tour #8!" but so far it looks like more of a dream than a reality.

I'm ready for some warm weather - and to start riding again. My foot is too screwed up to repair so I'm going to order another set of shoes that are wider.

Until next time - Rock on!

1 comment:

Craig " Egg " Carroll said...

Sad about Ullrich man! Nothing proven yet. bummer!

It's hard to not be so pumped up without Lance. Wht he did was amazing! I still love it and Levi rode great last week!

Get back on that bike !

Rock on

egg