Rode Thursday in Bellbrook with Kyle. Hopefully this will be a weekly thing as the hills and open roads with lots of wind are good training. I felt okay on the hills but not great. I was finally able to sustain the big ring on the flats for quite a long time. Most of the ride I was over 20mph on the flats which is great progress from 6 weeks ago. In other milestone's my weight is back to 215.
2,040 calories in 1 hr 47 min (30.6 miles at 17.2 mph)
Variation of the route is on tap for Sunday.
Picked up my bike Thursday evening from the shop. New Ultegra crankset, rear cluster, cables, headset cleaned and greased and the hubs were cleaned and greased. Feels like a totally new bike with responsive shifting! I haven't done really any work on it since it was new in 2003 and everything was original. It was time.
Tom went out and bought a brand new bike! We'll ride Saturday morning. Can't wait. We plan on doing the River Route next week. Call it Tom's Revenge! I talked to him last night about doing some trips in August. We'll talk more about that in the upcoming weeks. Road trips are great!
No comments:
Post a Comment