Talked to an old riding buddy via email today and it just so happened he was doing the Bellbrook route we used to do years ago. 4 decent size climbs and lots of rolling hills. It's also pretty open and today it was a high wind day.
I felt great on all the climbs until I put myself in the red zone and it seemed to take a while to recover. My friend has only ridden a handful of times this year and hasn't really rode any hills in about a month so he was suffering a little. Today was also hot. The hotter it is, the better I seem to ride providing I can take in enough water. I ran out of my water bottles about 2 miles from the finish so it wasn't a big deal.
The wind was great, I seemed to have good power in the winds so I'm really happy with how I rode. Funny though one of the hills that really used to put me into the red didn't seem as steep today. Maybe they leveled it out some. For those that read and know the Bellbrook area, I'm talking about Penewitt!
2,111 calories in 1 hr 55 min (31.6 miles at 16.5 mph)
It was more, this ride has hills and lots of wind. But for record keeping, we'll say 2,111 :)
Rock on!
No comments:
Post a Comment