The Cincinnati Cycling Club put on a heck of a ride today with the River Rendezvous. Tom and I rode the 50 mile route (Which ended up being 55.4). The routes were painted great, and the rest stops were stocked with all kinds of stuff. Couldn't have asked for a better day today, it was warm but not too hot. The wind didn't pick up until later.
Northern Kentucky is great roads for training. Very rolling, a few long climbs. It seemed it was one roller after another and I really only remember a flat section of just a few miles. I think I'll be doing that route again sometime soon.
At the 35 mile mark or so Tom had one hill too many and really started to slow. I let him suffer for a few more miles and then I dropped back and pushed him along on the rises. It didn't help that his bike was jumping gears really bad and no matter which way we tried to adjust it, it just didn't work. I think he may need a new dérailleur, a new Shift indexer, a new cable, or all.
3,534 calories in 3 hr 54 min (55.4 miles at 14.2 mph)
2 comments:
Sounds like you had a really great ride. I hope you got some rest for work tonight.
TG
Hey you - I'm off Sunday Nt & Monday Nt :) Happy Birthday to me!
Post a Comment