Wednesday, May 30, 2007

3 days rest, setback, and a new course record!

I was tired from the 192 miles of the week before, so I took a few days off to recover. In the past I've been guilty more than enough times of not giving myself enough time to recover, setting up disappointing results. Even Tuesday I still felt tired so I took another day off, and today I hit it again.

I felt heavy, then stop and remembered what I ate which amounted to everything. It seemed I was always hungry. I weighed myself when I woke up and I was at 220. :( Definitely did not pay attention to what I was eating, hungry or not. 5 fucking pounds!

So this morning after work I set out to do my 26 mile climbing loop. I felt fast on the flats, I was in the 39-13 around 85-90rpm. On all the climbs I could tell I was going faster than I had done in the past, and I made it up all of them without having to slow to a crawl to regain some cardio. I pressed on all the way to Lebanon turnaround point and got there 1 minute faster than my previous record! 53 minutes!

Yes that's a great result to break the record, but I couldn't help but imagine what the times would have been if I had only gained 1 pound back instead of 5. Or what about none?

My average for the ride was .1 mph slower than last Tuesday but overall I felt much faster. Tomorrow is another day.

1,740 calories in 1 hr 36 min (26 miles at 16.3 mph)

No comments: