The plan today was to ride from Loveland -> Xenia -> Loveland (84 miles)
I did just that.
At 20 miles out, I got hungry which is never good if your riding, especially so early. I ate a sports bar and a few minutes later I was good to go. At 35 miles out I was hungry again. Uh oh. I ate a protein bar but I never recovered. I covered 41.5 miles in 2hr 42min at Xenia Station.
I filled up the water bottles and sat for a minute then took off. With still over 33 miles to go, I completely bonked. So I just rode my tempo. I had $4 in my cycling pouch and I was desperate to find somewhere to eat. If I ate another bite of a power bar or drank anymore water I was going to puke. I needed real food.
I rode the next 13 miles at about 10 miles an hour and made it to Morrow. I saw this place called Miranda's Ice Cream shop and they had a barbecue sign out front so in I went. I got a cheeseburger and a side of potato salad. Then of course I was so sick 2 bites and I felt full. I ate the whole burger and most of the potato salad and within 15 minutes I was off again. The burger was great but the potato salad was amazing!
I could tell immediately the engine room was re-energizing. With 15 miles to ride I was in my 39/13 and just soft pedaling. 45 minutes later and 10 miles to go the engine room was firing on most of it's cylinder's. I kicked up the cadence to around 90 in my 39/13 and held it all the way in.
Definitely happy with the ride. I would have gotten a lot less time if I wouldn't have blown so bad. Today was just what I needed. Long low-medium intensity rides to burn off this fat. I tell ya, I'm fatter than a farmer's pig! :)
5,557 calories in 5 hr 30 min (84 miles at 15.3 mph)
No comments:
Post a Comment